A fun team event. Designed to encourage the community to get together and swim 200 meters in a relay style event. All you have to do is grab three friends. it is the perfect event for first time ocean swimmers, safe and fun. Challenge your teachers, cafe owners or local fire department, every-one can be part of the fun.
Entry is by donation only .Teams of 4 compete in a short course 200 metre relay. The fastest open team will win the HMAS Penguin Shield. Also prize for team with best novelty swim wear.
Register and donate to a great cause. Send this link to your 3 team members for them to register
Or on Race day 8.30am - 10.30am
How it works:
- Each team has 4 swimmers.
- Each swimmer swims a leg of the relay 200m.
- Fastest team wins HMAS Penguin Shield
- Prize for team with best novelty swim wear (judges decision final)
On the Day
Check in: 8:30 am - 10:00 am
Start time: 11.30am
- There will be a bag drop tent located on the grass next to the Rotunda open from 7:15am – 10:30am.
- You will be required to fill out a bag sticker with your details (name and swim number) and attach it to your bag for minding.
- Please note the event will take care of your belongings, but no responsibility will be taken for valuables or clothing that are lost or damaged.
Toilets are located at the north, south and centre of Balmoral Beach at Bathers Pavilion, Balmoral Baths and the Bus shed.
This year you can look forward to fun and entertainment for the whole family. There is plenty to choose from entertainment, food, and warm down zones & more.
Balmoral Beach also has some great cafes and coffee shops and places to picnic so stay around after the event and enjoy beautiful Balmoral.
Results and Presentations
All the results will be posted online later in the day. The presentation of prizes to all winners and place getters will also take place Prize Giving: Immediately after Relay event . Prizes will not be posted out if you are not there to claim your prize.
On the day, dont forget to use the hashtag below and @ us throughout the day on Facebook and Instagram.
To get to Balmoral you can catch a 257 bus from Chatswood or a 238 bus from Taronga zoo. For more information visit Sydney buses info.
There is also a free shuttle bus organized for the Balmoral swim which passes a number of bus stops and parking. For more information see the shuttle bus map.
Balmoral Beach provides metered parking on the Esplanade and 2 hr parking on Awaba, Waitovu and Hunter streets
Team judged as wearing the best novelty swim wear will win a prize
Winner of the Open Category will win the HMAS Penguin Shield
DOWNLOAD OUR POSTER