The Corporate Team Challenge is a community based initiative where corporates help raise funds for the Children's Cancer Institute (CCI), increase awareness of this important cause and importantly have fun participating in the 1km Around the Island swim.
Make up a team and challenge your other work colleagues, competitors or suppliers in both the water and the fund raising
Corporate Teams of four compete in two trophy events:
- Corporate Charity Cup - raising money for a very worthwhile charity - the Children's Cancer Institute. The team that raises the largest amount wins
- Corporate Fastest Team - The winner is the team with the fasted combined times from the 1km race of all four swimmers
Swimmers will swim in the 1km swim in their relevant age group. Corporate swimmers are not eligible for the Elite wave of the 1km
- Registration is between 8:30am and 9:30am near the Rotunda (near cnr The Esplanade & Mandalong Rd). Please get there early to avoid delays.
- Your race packs include your timing tag and swim cap.
Contact us to register interest for the Corporate Challenge
Complete entry form with team member detail
No on the day entry of new teams.
Entry will be free for corporate teams, with the expectation that each team member will raise $500 or more for this worthy charity
Each team and individual participating will be provided with a fundraising page which is used to raise funds for the Children's Cancer Institute. The Corporate Challenge Leaders board page has an up-to-date view of the total funds raised, as well as a the top fund-raising teams.
To see the top fundraiser teams or to donate money to a corporate team go to Corporate Challenge Leader board
On the Day
All competitors will need to check in at their 1km age group desk by 9:30am to pick up caps and timing tags
Check in: 8:30am - 9.30am
Start time: 10 am
- There will be a bag drop tent located on the grass next to the Rotunda open from 7:15am – 10:30am.
- You will be required to fill out a bag sticker with your details (name and swim number) and attach it to your bag for minding.
- Please note the event will take care of your belongings, but no responsibility will be taken for valuables or clothing that are lost or damaged.
Toilets are located at the north, south and centre of Balmoral Beach at Bathers Pavilion, Balmoral Baths and the Bus shed.
This year you can look forward to fun and entertainment for the whole family. There is plenty to choose from entertainment, food, and warm down zones & more.
Balmoral Beach also has some great cafes and coffee shops and places to picnic so stay around after the event and enjoy beautiful Balmoral.
Results and Presentations
All the results will be posted online later in the day.
The presentation of prizes to all winners will also take place on the day of the event at 12pm . Prizes will not be posted out if you are not there to claim your prize.
On the day, don't forget to use the hashtag below and @ us throughout the day on Facebook and Instagram.
To get to Balmoral you can catch a 257 bus from Chatswood or a 238 bus from Taronga zoo. For more information visit Sydney buses info.
There is also a free shuttle bus organized for the Balmoral swim which passes a number of bus stops and parking. For more information see the shuttle bus map.
Balmoral Beach provides metered parking on the Esplanade and 2 hr parking on Awaba, Waitovu and Hunter streets
Corporate Charity Cup
Corporate Charity Cup is awarded to the team that raises the largest amount wins.
Corporate Fastest Team
Corporate Fastest Team is awarded to the team with the fasted combined times.
DOWNLOAD OUR POSTER