A perfect way to get your children involved in ocean swimming. Open to children 12years and under, the course is split between girls and boys.
Enter Online at Oceanswims - $15.00
Or on Race day 8.30am - 9.00am - $15.00
- Registration is between 8:30am and 9:00am near the Rotunda (near cnr The Esplanade & Mandalong Rd). Please get there early to avoid delays.
- All swimmers need to collect a race pack on the day. Your race packs include your numbered swim cap.
- On the day entries closes 30 minutes before each event starts.
- Cash and credit card payments (no Amex).
Join the fight to help beat childhood cancer by getting people to sponsor you online. Go to the Fundraiser page now and set up your own personal fundraising page
Raise more than $200 on the Balmoral Swim Fundraising platform by 8pm of Saturday before the race as an individual and you can earn free entry to the Junior Swim. See here on to claim free entry.
On the Day
Check in: 8:30am - 9.00am
All competitors will need to check in at the Junior swim desk by 9:00am to pick up caps and timing tags
Start time: 9:30 am
- There will be a bag drop tent located on the grass next to the Rotunda open from 7:15am – 10:30am.
- You will be required to fill out a bag sticker with your details (name and swim number) and attach it to your bag for minding.
- Please note the event will take care of your belongings, but no responsibility will be taken for valuables or clothing that are lost or damaged.
Toilets are located at the north, south and centre of Balmoral Beach at Bathers Pavilion, Balmoral Baths and the Bus shed.
This year you can look forward to fun and entertainment for the whole family. There is plenty to choose from entertainment, food, and warm down zones & more.
Balmoral Beach also has some great cafes and coffee shops and places to picnic so stay around after the event and enjoy beautiful Balmoral.
Results and Presentations
All the results will be posted online later in the day.
The presentation of a medal to all participants will occur immediatly after the race. Presentation to winners and place getters will also take place on the day of the event at 12pm . Prizes will not be posted out if you are not there to claim your prize.
On the day, don't forget to use the hashtag below and @ us throughout the day on Facebook and Instagram.
To get to Balmoral you can catch a 257 bus from Chatswood or a 238 bus from Taronga zoo. For more information visit Sydney buses info.
There is also a free shuttle bus organized for the Balmoral swim which passes a number of bus stops and parking. For more information see the shuttle bus map.
Balmoral Beach provides metered parking on the Esplanade and 2 hr parking on Awaba, Waitovu and Hunter streets.
Winners: 1st, 2nd, 3rd for male & female
All children participating get a medal
Perenial Trophy for the highest fundraisers
The Alexander Patrick Hall trophy is awarded to both the individual swimmer and team who raise the most money for the Balmoral Swim each year. Judges will award the prize to the team and the individual who have raised the most money by 8pm on the Saturday before the race. Set up your Fundraise page now and see how you are going in the Alexander Patrick Hall trophy .
DOWNLOAD OUR POSTER