The Balmoral Team Challenge will be held on the 14th March 2021 (2 weeks before the Balmoral Swim). It is a community based initiative where teams help raise funds for the Children's Cancer Institute, increase awareness of this important cause and importantly have fun participating in a 250m relay course
Make up a team and challenge your other work colleagues, competitors or suppliers in both the water and the fund raising
Teams of four compete in two trophy events:
- Challenge Charity Cup - raising money for a very worthwhile charity - the Children's Cancer Institute. The team that raises the largest amount wins
- Challenge Fastest Team - The winner is the team that finishes in the fastest time.
Enter your team for the Balmoral Challenge
Once you have entered and set up your team fundraising page we will send you a link for your team to register.
Entry will be $200 to register a team, with the expectation that each team member will raise $500 or more for this worthy charity.
Each team and individual participating will set up a fundraising page which is used to raise funds for the Children's Cancer Institute. The Balmoral Challenge Leaders board page has an up-to-date view of the total funds raised, as well as a the top fund-raising teams.
To see the top fundraiser teams or to donate money to a corporate team go to Balmoral Challenge Leader board
On the Day
Date of Event
14 March 2021
Check in is between 8:00am and 8:45am near the Balmoral Beach Club (near cnr The Esplanade & Awaba st). Please be midful of social distancing requirements.
All competitors will need to check in by 8:45am to pick up caps
Check in: 8:00am - 8.45am
Start time: 9 am
- There will be a bag drop tent located on the grass next to the Balmoral Beach Club open from 8:00am – 10:00am.
- You will be required to provide details (name and mobile number) so we can and attach it to your bag for minding.
- Please note the event will take care of your belongings, but no responsibility will be taken for valuables or clothing that are lost or damaged.
Toilets are located at the north, south and centre of Balmoral Beach at Bathers Pavilion, Balmoral Baths and the Bus shed.
We have made some changes to the swim to ensure participant and community safety. This year only online entry is available and we will be capping participant numbers. Procedures will be in place to allow physical distancing at check in and at the race start. There will be no formal presentation this year and swimmers are asked to leave the area as soon as they have completed their swim.
We ask that all swimmers follow any instructions from the COVID safety marshals on the day and that you do not come to the event if :
- you are feeling unwell or have someone at home who is unwell
- have been in close contact with someone who is unwell or has visited a COVID-19 hotspot, or
- you have visited a COVID-19 hotspot and have not completed the required quarantine period
In the case where the Balmoral Team Challenge has to be cancelled an alternative day will be organised for the event to be run.
Results and Presentations
All the results will be posted online later in the day.
Prizes will be available for collection on the day .
On the day, don't forget to use the hashtag below and @ us throughout the day on Facebook and Instagram.
To get to Balmoral you can catch a 114 bus from Royal North Shore hospital or a 238 bus from Taronga zoo. For more information visit Sydney buses info.
Balmoral Beach provides metered parking on the Esplanade and 2 hr parking on Awaba, Waitovu and Hunter streets
Challenge Charity Cup
Challenge Charity Cup is awarded to the team that raises the largest amount wins.
Challenge Fastest Team
Challenge Fastest Team is awarded to the team with the fasted time.
Accumulated Age prizes
Teams will also compete to win an accumulated age category. Categories for the accumulated ages of the team members are:
52-99yrs | 100-149yrs | 150-199yrs | 200+
DOWNLOAD OUR POSTER